Thursday, October 16, 2014

Photoshop...taking it a little too far, don't ya think?

I chose this picture about BP, the oil company, altering a photo to show that they were making an effort to clean up the oil spill from 2010. I chose this picture because it made me laugh. For them to have to alter a picture to show something that they should have been doing, is funny to me. The photo was a picture of two pilots in a helicopter, but it is unknown where the original picture came form. There might have been a helicopter pad next to an oil rig, but it is not confirmed.

The water in the photo where the boats are to the right changes hues and one of the boats gets cut off. There is evidence of bad cutting job on the shoulder of the right pilot, a traffic control tower is in the top left corner of the bottom picture and the pilot on the right is holding a pre-flight checklist when the picture suggests they are in the air.

The photo was manipulated to show people that BP was working to clean up the oil spill. It was harmful to their already crippling reputation because it showed that they did not care about the oil spill. Instead of actually cleaning it up, they chose to make us think they were cleaning it up.


Photoshop gone too far

I chose this video because it shows the effects of Photoshop and how far someone can take it When I first saw this video, it blew my mind. How much it can change is ridiculous and when you watch it you will see what I mean, There is so much it can change and it made me wonder if people should be allowed to take it that far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, BP is horrible. Why not just do what they should have been doing instead of faking it?